IMI Level 2 Diploma in Accident Repair Paint Principles
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This full-time course will develop your skills and knowledge gained during the IMI Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Multi-Skilled) and use them to study technical subjects in paint preparation and refinishing at a higher level. The main areas you will study include Health and Safety, Filler Application, Metal Preparations, Minor Paint Repair Techniques and Working with Plastics.
The course is taught at the body repair workshop and classroom areas at Edinburgh College’s Sighthill campus. Workshop learning will allow you to work on live vehicles to best simulate a real working environment. The workshops have all the necessary resources for you to fully engage in the motor vehicle industry.
During this course, you will enhance your core skills which can be applied to everyday life and future employment in areas such as communication, numeracy, ICT, problem-solving and working with others. You will be assessed on your knowledge and skills. Upon completion of these assignments, you will submit them into your ePortfolio.
The course will ensure you are well prepared for employment in the automotive industry. This qualification is part of the knowledge component (technical certificate) of the IMI Modern Apprenticeship (MA) Framework. This means upon completion of this course you can apply for a Modern Apprentice.
Applicants with prior technical or knowledge experience in the industry may be considered for direct entry into the course.
What you will learn
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Tools and Equipment Used in Vehicle Refinishing
- Applying Fillers and Foundation Materials
- Preparing Metal and Pre-Painted Surfaces
- Repairing Minor Paint Defects
- Working with Plastic Materials and Components
How the course is assessed
- The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) set practical tasks
- IMI set online testing
- Submission of your ePortfolio
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- IMI Level 1 Diploma (or equivalent) in Vehicle Accident Repair
- National 4 in Mathematics, English and a Science or Technical subject are recommended
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the industry
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- IMI Level 1, 2 or 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Maintenance
- Progression to employment and apprenticeship training
- Apply for apprentice technician vacancies
- Apply to the Modern Apprentice Scheme
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.