IMI Level 3 Refrigerant Handling Award (EC842 2006)
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
What you will learn
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills associated with the operation of air conditioning systems
- Gain an awareness of the environmental impact of fluorinated greenhouse gases
- Know the common procedures for recovering fluorinated greenhouse gases
- Be able to demonstrate how to handle a refrigerant cylinder
- Be able to connect and disconnect a recovery set to and from the service ports of a vehicle A/C system
- Be able to operate a recovery set appropriately
How the course is assessed
- Candidates are required to sit an online examination and carry out a practical skills assessment at the end of the course.
Number of days per week
- This qualification is delivered over 2 consecutive days at Edinburgh College’s Midlothian campus.
- Experience in the automotive service or as a repair technician will be beneficial but is not mandatory
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course will enable you to continue to work and progress within the refrigerant trade
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.