Introduction to College for Schools (SCP - Level 1/2)
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 2
Study mode Part time
Duration 19 - 20 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This course is for pupils who have additional support needs, or a barrier to learning and are thinking about coming to college after they leave school.
The course is part-time and runs for 18 weeks. It is aimed at pupils working at SCQF levels 1-2 and who attend a special school, or a mainstream school with significant levels of support in place.
We run this course at our Milton Road and Sighthill campuses (Tuesday & Thursday mornings).
What you will learn
- The aim of this course is to give pupils a positive transition experience and to assess their suitability for one of our full-time supported courses after they leave school.
- A wide range of practical and classroom-based subject areas is covered. This gives pupils a broad experience of the college environment and the topics they would learn about in our full-time level 1-2 courses.
- The course also gives pupils a general taste of student life, helping them get used to the college environment.
Number of days per week
- Two mornings
- No entry requirements are required; pupils who attend are usually working at SCQF level 1/2.
Progression and Articulation Routes
Those who attend Introduction to College SCQF level 1-2 may, on leaving school, progress to one of the following ACE courses:
- Supported College Experience
- Skills for Independence
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Part time||28/08/23||20 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||28/08/23||19 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.