Introduction to Computing & Digital Media
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This introduction course is designed for those looking to improve their creative digital skills. You will gain knowledge and skills in different areas of computing which will be useful if you are looking to progress to other Computing or Digital Media courses at Edinburgh College. You will develop skills in the basics of Microsoft Office as well as complete projects in digital media and programming.
What you will learn
- Digital skills using Microsoft Office;
- Basic programming skills using Scratch
- Digital media practical skills using a range of equipment;
- Basic digital media editing software skills in the areas of photography and image editing, video, animation and audio;
- Independent and group working skills.
- There is no placement element on this course
How the course is assessed
- Practical portfolio of evidence
Number of days per week
- 3.5 days - blended with college attendance and a possibility of some online learning from home
- Basic computer literacy
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You'll be invited to meet with our team to assess your suitability for this course
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progression to other Computing or Digital Media courses based on individual ability.
- Possible courses include:
- Digital Media Basics – Computing NPA - (Milton Road)
- Introduction to Digital Media - (Sighthill)
- Junior Developer
- Full-time college course to progress onto other Computing or Digital Media based roles
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.