Introduction to Events Co-ordination
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 42 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
SENIOR PHASE PUPILS
This course is for pupils looking to develop the skills which will enable them to start their journey in the exciting and evolving world of events. They will develop knowledge and understanding of the events industry together with practical, technical and transferable skills. There is an emphasis on teamwork where they will engage with others, increase their confidence, communication and selling skills.
What you will learn
- Events Investigative Project
- Hospitality Events
- Skills for Customer Care
- Marketing Basic Principles and Applications
- No formal placement but students may have the opportunity to attend evening or other events out of school timetable hours
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment
Number of days per week
- Two half-days per week Tues & Thurs 1.30-4 pm
- There are no formal entry requirements but applicants will be required to submit a completed personal statement in support of their application and demonstrate a keen interest in the events and hospitality industry.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Access to HN Events & Hospitality
- HND year 1 \in Events or Hospitality Management (subject to entry requirements)
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Part time||23/08/22||42 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||23/08/22||42 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.