Course enquiry form
Introduction to Fashion and Textiles is an evening class taught once a week at Edinburgh College’s Granton campus. The course is designed for those interested in; fashion and textiles, starting a new hobby or pursuing a new career. You will need little to no experience in fashion and textile design as this course will start with the very basics.
During this course, you will develop your artistic abilities and learn the techniques needed to construct basic garments and accessories. You will work in Edinburgh College school of art’s fashion and textile studio where you will receive training in sewing machines, garment construction, fabric dyeing, embroidery and embellishments. You will also learn pattern cutting which can lead to further design studies or employment in the fashion and textiles sector. This course will provide you with a portfolio that you can use in UCAS and further study applications to study an art and design course at a university level.
What you will learn
How the course is assessed
- Course work is assessed through an SQA unit and portfolio submission
Number of days per week
- 1 evening per week
- No formal qualifications required but students should have an interest in fashion and textiles
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Previous evening class students have progressed onto our well-recognised University of Arts London (UAL) Diplomas
- NCs and HNDs in similar subjects
- Various university courses
- Fashion or textile designer
- You can use your portfolio to approach employers in the fashion and textile industry to show examples of your work
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Granton Campus||Evening||08/09/22||12 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.