Introduction to Hotel Work
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 19 - 20 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This exciting new six-month course is ideal if you wish to learn in a supportive environment and are looking to gain qualifications to lead on to a higher-level course or employment.
The course will give you the opportunity to have hands-on experience learning in a variety of settings including the EH15 restaurant, the Halls of Residence and hotels including the Waldorf Astoria.
The course will also introduce you to various techniques needed to work in a Hotel including kitchen work, room attendant duties, and front-of-house roles including reception.
What you will learn
- The different career opportunities available in Hotels
- Health and Safety within a Hotel setting
- The skills and qualities required to work in the Hospitality Industry
- Customer Service in the Hospitality Industry
- Skills required for Customer Care
- Training in a realistic working environment
- Opportunities to gain experience working in the Hospitality Industry
- Areas for further development
There will be the opportunity to have a work placement on this course. You will also be encouraged to seek work within the industry to enhance your skills and confidence. You will also have the opportunity to have real work opportunities with EH15 Restaurant and Halls of Residence.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week (maximum of 18 hours)
- You must be able to work at SCQF level 3 or above
- Have an interest in working within the hospitality industry
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to meet a member of the team to discuss your application
- Guaranteed interview and casual employment with a hotel on successful completion of course
- Progression on to a higher level course
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||23/01/23||19 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.