Introduction to Motor Vehicle Industry and Technologies: Body and Paint (SCP)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course provides a hands-on practical learning experience and is ideal for young people who are interested in a career within the automotive industry.
The course is delivered in our specialist Automotive workshops and units have been developed to include the latest paint & body techniques which are in demand by employers. Pupils will study Certificated Edinburgh College units and will undertake an exciting project which will enable them to apply the skills and techniques they have learned.
Subjects include workshop health & safety, car body panel fitting, bodywork repair, panel masking and paint application. This qualification also includes Personal and Social Development (PSD) units such as team working and industry associated skills, which support learners in their preparation for further study or work life.
Successful completion of this course will guarantee progression to a full-time course in this discipline.
What you will learn
- Health & Safety in the Body and Paint Environment
- Vehicle Body Panel Fitting
- Vehicle Dent Repair
- Painting Techniques
- Body and Paint Repair
- Introduction to Automotive Graphics and Lettering
- Automotive Valeting and Detailing
How the course is assessed
The assessment is made up of practical components:
- All units are Edinburgh College accredited and are continually assessed
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm
- National 3 or 4 in Mathematics or English is desirable
- Applicants will be required to submit a completed personal statement in support of their application.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
On successful completion of this programme, applicants can apply for:
- IMI Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Service and Repair
- IMI Level 1 Certificate in Transport Maintenance
- Apprenticeship opportunities
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.