Introduction to Motor Vehicle Industry & Technologies (SCP)
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
Introduction to Motor Vehicle Industry & Technologies provides a hands-on practical learning experience and is ideal for young people who are interested in a career in the automotive industry.
The course is delivered in our specialist Automotive workshops and units have been developed to include the latest electric & hybrid vehicle technologies which are in demand by employers. Pupils will study Certificated Edinburgh College units and will undertake an automotive project. Successful completion of this course will guarantee progression to a full-time course in this discipline.
What you will learn
- Health & Safety in the Automotive Industry
- Braking Systems
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology
- Engine Components and Operation
- Reducing the Effects of Vehicles on the Environment
- Service & Repair
- Introduction to chassis & drive trains
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm
- National 3 or 4 in Mathematics or English is desirable
- A keen interest in automotive engineering and a desire to learn about the repair trades are essential
- A completed personal statement must be submitted as part of the application process
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- On successful completion of this course, applicants can apply for IMI Level 1 Certificate in Transport Maintenance (Light Vehicle)
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||23/08/22||41 Weeks|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||23/08/22||41 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.