Introduction to Science
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 22 weeks
Course enquiry form
Introduction to Science is a full-time course taught at Edinburgh College’s Sighthill campus. This course is designed to prepare you for further study in Science related subjects. On this exciting introductory course, you will discover why Science could be the right career path for you. You will study a variety of topics across a range of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects.
Our Science department offers you the opportunity to study in purpose-built laboratories. These will support the development of your general and specialist practical skills whilst enhancing your theoretical understanding of science.
What you will learn
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on each unit
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full award
- You will be tested on your theoretical and practical skills
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
Pass at National 3 Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Pass at National 3 English (or equivalent)
- Experience in I.C.T is essential for the successful completion of this course
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Applied Science NC Level 5 available to study at Edinburgh College
- Other SCQF Level 5 courses in alternative subject areas
- Careers options within STEM industries and in STEM-related areas are increasing with employers often requesting STEM skills as an entry requirement. This means that a broad range of opportunities are opened to you by studying and progressing through STEM courses.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||24/01/22||22 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.