Introduction to Social Science
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR S4 & S5 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This level 4 course will introduce students to the social sciences. They will learn how to think critically and understand human behaviour from different perspectives. The course comprises SQA and Edinburgh College accredited units which will support progression to NC Social Science, subject to entry requirements.
What you will learn
- Introduction to Criminology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Literature
- Media Analysis
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through, essays, reports and presentations.
Number of days per week
- Tuesday & Thursday Afternoons 1.30-4 pm
- National 4 English along with submissions of a completed personal statement as part of the application process.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Emphasis will be placed on your personal statement
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Successful completion of level 4 Intro to Social Science, along with National 5 English will support entry to NC Social Science full-time course at Edinburgh College.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.