Introduction to Sport and Fitness (January Start)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This is both a theory and practical-based course, intended to prepare you for entry to the Level 1 YMCA Award in Fitness and Physical Activity. Over 18 weeks you will be introduced to key concepts and competencies that will help you gain an understanding of what is required to study and work in the Sport and Fitness industry.
What you will learn
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing
- Circuit training
- Resistance Training
- Personal Fitness
- Sporting Activities
- Although placement experience is not offered with this course, there will be opportunities at the next level of study.
How the course is assessed
- You will complete a variety of theoretical and practical assessments across all subject areas
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Although there are no formal qualifications required, an active interest in sports and fitness is essential.
- You will be invited to a course information event which will include a general presentation on the course and optional course choices to ensure that you have selected the most appropriate course for you.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Whilst there will be no formal interview, you will show your active interest in your application statement.
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course is designed for progression onto further study at SCQF level 4/5 and, on successful completion, you should be able to progress onto the Level 1 YMCA Award in Fitness and Physical Activity.
- This course will help you progress onto more advanced courses that will support employment in the Sport and Fitness industry.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.