Introduction to Sport and Fitness with Leadership
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This is a practical based entry- level course that is designed to prepare candidates for further study within the Sport and Fitness department or gain skills for entry into the Sport and Fitness Industry.
This course is ideal for “Christmas School Leavers” or those returning to education after a break, who have a keen interest in the Sport and fitness industry and in developing their own fitness and leadership skills.
What you will learn
You will participate in a range of practical activities across sport, fitness and outdoor pursuits which will help improve your personal fitness, confidence and team working skills.
The course will develop skills in Four main areas;
- Sport and Outdoor Pursuits
- Health and Wellbeing
This course will focus on personal skills and aims to develop self-confidence, social relationships and knowledge within the industry.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on a regular basis through the observation of practical competencies, submission of logbooks and classroom based tasks.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- An active interest in sport and fitness is essential and, although no formal qualifications are required, core and essential skills at level 3 or above would be advantageous.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You are required to explain why this will be a good course for you to do within the personal statement and qualifications section of the application form.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- You may go directly into the world of work or progress onto further study at appropriately leveled courses within Sport and Fitness at SCQF level 4 or above depending on current qualifications.
- It may be possible for you to gain direct entry to employment as a recreation assistant or perhaps gain a trainee-ship which could offer further worked based learning in relevant areas which could lead to a Modern Apprenticeship.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.