Introduction to Sports Therapy
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This is a largely practical course intended to prepare you for entry to year 1 of HND Sports Therapy. It will introduce you to key competencies and concepts to gain an understanding of what is required to become a Sports Therapist.
What you will learn
- Soft tissue injury and rehabilitation
- Client assessment and remedial massage techniques
- Professional practice and research skills
- Principles of health, fitness and wellbeing
- Human physiology
- Although placement experience is not offered with this course, there may be the opportunity to observe Sports Therapy clinics, delivered by our HND and Degree students, if appropriate.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed using various methods such as practical observations, portfolio questions, multiple-choice questionnaires and research tasks.
Number of days per week
- 3 National 5 qualifications at grade C or above in relevant subjects*
- National Qualification at SCQF level 5 in a sports-related subject
*relevant subjects include English, P.E. Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, History, and Geography.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend a group course information session where you will find out more about the course and if it is an appropriate option for you.
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course is designed for progression onto further study at SCQF level 7 and, on successful completion, you should be able to progress on to year 1 of our HND Sports Therapy programme
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.