IOSH Managing Safely
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Part time
Duration 9 days
Course enquiry form
This course is designed for managers who want to further their training in health and safety. This course will give managers an understanding of why incidents occur and a basic understanding of risk assessment procedures. This course will set managers up for further professional study.
This is a 4-day course involving tutoring, exercises, video content, a test, and a project at work.
This course will allow managers to progress on to the NEBOSH Certificate which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
What you will learn
The course will cover:
- Principles of accident prevention
- Common and statute law
- Health and safety management systems
- Practical risk assessment – techniques and control
- Workplace hazards such as fire electricity COSHH noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Audit and review
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed by a project and a multiple choice assessment paper
- A certificate is awarded when the course study is concluded and the assessments are completed satisfactorily
Number of days per week
- 2 days per week over 2 weeks
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NEBOSH Certificate
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||07/11/22||1 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.