Italian Higher (SCP)
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Open learning
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for senior-phase pupils who are still at school. It is free and open to all senior-phase school pupils across Scotland.
This course aims to continue the progressive development of your knowledge and competence of the Italian language by extending the range and complexity of the language.
Schools can contact Caroline Cordier, Curriculum Manager for Modern Languages, for further information about our delivery model.
The course is currently full, but some spaces might become available in August. Please contact Caroline Cordier if interested: Caroline.Cordier@edinburghcollege.ac.uk.
What you will learn
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
How the course is assessed
- Final exam: Pupils sitting SQA exams will be required to sit at school. Prelims can also be hosted at school.
Number of days per week
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with timetable
- Experience of the Italian language is required and a test may be carried out to assess level of knowledge
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Various Language degrees at HE
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.