Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Open learning
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Higher Italian is designed to deepen your previous knowledge of the subject and create a better understanding of the language. You will be exposed to the language over a length of time to acquire greater fluency in topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability. During the course you will enhance your skills in reading, listening, writing, speaking and translation. Grammar aspects will be studied and classroom interaction in the language will be encouraged. This course is challenging and requires the ability to study independently.
This course is only available online as a distance learning course and is not suitable for beginners.
What you will learn
- Develop skills in reading, listening, writing speaking
- The translation covers topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs and other cultural aspects of the language
How the course is assessed
- Speaking exam (with the lecturer, around March/April) and final written SQA exam (at College, Sighthill campus, usually in May)
Number of days per week
- Open learning - Self-study on Moodle (Edinburgh College's online platform) and scheduled Teams calls
- Possible access to group digital classrooms depending on demand and students' availabilities
- National 5 Italian
- You should identify clearly the reason for studying your chosen subject in your course application
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- An interview may be necessary if you have achieved a qualification equivalent to SCQF Level 5
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Other SQA qualifications in Italian or related areas
- This course alongside other qualifications can be used to apply for a variety of university courses
With further study you gain employment in the following:
- Tourism officer
- International relations
- International Business
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.