Course enquiry form
This exciting new 18-week lash and brow course is a perfect introduction to the beauty industry. You will gain knowledge, understanding and essential practical skills in lash lifting, eyelash tinting, brow shaping, brow artistry techniques and brow lamination.
We have designed this course due to industry demand for these services.
This course is SQA Accredited and eligible for ITA funding
- The cost of the course is £356.65 - this includes the cost of the Kit and must be paid prior to the start of the course
- Some theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
We also ask all students to adhere to the dress code for the department as follows:
- Black Trousers
- Black T-Shirt
- Black Shoes
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios providing a realistic industry environment. This training will give you valuable practical experience and is a stepping stone towards a fulfilling career as a lash and brow therapist. You will undertake vital employment experience in our evening salons.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment.
What you will learn
- Eye Enhancements - Lash & Brow Tinting, Brow tweezing using manual and automatic tweezers, Cluster & Strip lashes application - SCQF Level 6
- Brow Artistry (ABT Accredited)
- Brow Lamination (ABT Accredited)
- Lash Lifting (ABT Accredited)
- There is no work placement required for this course.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with SQA assessments.
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- A lot of the theory aspects of the course are carried out online.
Number of days per week
- 1 evening per week for 18 weeks 6:00-8:30pm – Thursday
- Plus 6 hours self directed study
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and have paid for the course in full
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NC Level 5/6 Beauty Therapy
- Edinburgh College short courses in Beauty skills
- Further your skills in Beauty Aesthetics with further CPD courses
- On completion of this course, you will be fully qualified to carry out Eye Enhancement and brow services and/or progress to further studies as a Lash/brow Technician or with our Beauty courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Milton Road Campus||Evening||26/01/23||20 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.