Lash and Brow Aesthetics
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Evening
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This exciting new 18-week lash and brow course is a perfect introduction to the beauty industry. You will gain knowledge, understanding and essential practical skills in lash lifting with tinting, single eyelash extensions, eyebrow waxing and shaping, brow artistry techniques and brow lamination.
We have designed this course due to industry demand for these services.
This course is SQA Accredited and eligible for ITA funding
- The cost of the course is £450 - this includes the cost of the Kit and must be paid prior to the start of the course
- Some theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
We also ask all students to adhere to the dress code for the department as follows:
- Black Trousers
- Black T-Shirt
- Black Shoes
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios providing a realistic industry environment. This training will give you valuable practical experience and is a stepping stone towards a fulfilling career as a lash and brow therapist. You will undertake vital employment experience in our evening salons.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment.
Hair Salons, Beauty Salons and Barbershop | Edinburgh College
What you will learn
- Contemporary Eye treatments - you will carry out eyebrow waxing and semi-permanent single eyelash applications using the correct products and techniques. - SCQF Level 5
- Brow Artistry (ABT Accredited)
- Brow Lamination (ABT Accredited)
- Lash Lifting (ABT Accredited)
- There is no work placement required for this course.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with SQA assessments.
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- A lot of the theoretical aspects of the course are carried out online.
Number of days per week
- 1 evening per week for 18 weeks 6:00-8:30 pm – Thursday
- Plus 6 hours of self-directed study
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and have paid for the course in full
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- There is no formal interview process, however, all applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and have paid for the course in full
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- On completion of this course, you will be fully qualified to carry out Eye Enhancement and brow services in the industry as a Lash & Brow Technician or progress to further your studies with our Full-Time Beauty, Spa, Complementary Therapies and/or other short courses
- Employment as a Lash & Brow Technician in the Beauty Industry
- Self-employed to carry out Lash & Brow treatments
- Further your studies with our Full-Time Beauty, Spa, Complementary Therapies and/or other short courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Evening||31/08/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.