Legal Studies NPA Level 5/6
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This six-month course is designed to introduce you to a wide range of law subjects. You will develop essential skills and knowledge which are vital to supporting your future career in legal administration or in a business or profession where awareness of legal principles would be particularly valuable. You will also develop other general skills such as word processing and customer care which you can use in a wide variety of industries. This course can enhance your employment prospects. It may also allow you to progress onto relevant HNC/D programmes where you can develop your skills and understanding further.
This course will be delivered using a blended learning model. You will have in-class theory bases lessons with some classes being delivered online. You should have access to a PC, Desktop Computer or tablet.
Your employer may be entitled to the funding for this course.
What you will learn
- Law of Contract
- Property Law
- Employment Law
- Word Processing Legal
- Scots Law
- Crime in Society
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through written and practical assignments throughout the year
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Three relevant National 4s (Intermediate 2 or credit Standard Grade passes including English) or Relevant National Units at appropriate levels
- Any relevant National Qualifications Group Award at SCQF level 4 or 5,
- Candidates will be considered on an individual basis
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be required to complete an entry test
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- After you complete your course In January you will then progress onto the Acces to our Legal Services course, which allows you to move onto the HND legal services in August 2023
- Junior Legal Assistant
- Administration assistant
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.