Manufacture & Maintenance Engineering PEO SVQ 2
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Duration 41 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This course will give you the broad practical skills you'll need in engineering manufacture and maintenance. This course has practical workshop activity of hands-on skills training including machining, engineering materials, fitting, assembly and much more.
This course content is aligned with the practical requirements for a Modern Apprenticeship.
On completion, this course will prepare you for higher technical studies or management posts.
What you will learn
- The broad practical skills needed in engineering manufacture and maintenance Hands-on skills training including machining engineering materials, fitting and assembly skills.
How the course is assessed
- Outcome by outcome bases for some units and the practical activities are competency based
Number of days per week
- 3 days
- If you're already an apprentice engineer the entry requirements are set by your employer
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Qualification Aptitude test interview
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progression into employment as this is aligned with the current Modern Apprenticeship requirements
- Higher technical or management posts in engineering maintenance or engineering manufacture
- Employment as a Modern Apprentice with local engineering companies
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.