Measurement and Control Engineering HNC
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Part time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
Measurement and Control Engineering HNC will give you the knowledge, analytical and practical skills you need to work as a technician in industries such as; oil, gas, chemical, food, drinks, paper, energy, production and processing.
During this course, you will learn units such as Process Control, Distributed Control Systems and Mathematics for Engineering. These subjects will give you the qualifications needed to gain employment as an instrument technician. This course leads to direct entry as a second or third-year student on the BEng (Hons) degree in Instrumentation and Control Engineering at Teesside University. You will also be qualified to apply for a variety of engineering courses at the HND or university level.
The course is taught by teachers with industry experience using the latest industry technologies at Edinburgh College’s Midlothian campus. You will be taught between Edinburgh College classrooms and workshops where you will gain essential and hands-on experience in the engineering sector.
This course runs from August - January, attending college 2 days a week.
What you will learn
- Process Control
- Distributed Control Systems
- Measurement Systems
- Complex Control Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Mathematics for Engineering
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on each unit
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full award
Number of days per week
- 2 days per week
- NC Engineering Systems
- We will also consider your application if you have relevant industrial experience
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Further study of engineering subjects at HND and university level
- Direct entry to the second or third year BEng (Hons) degree in Instrumentation and Control Engineering at Teesside University
- Instrument technician in various engineering industries
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||30/08/22||20 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.