Musical Theatre NPA (SCP)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for S5 and S6 pupils who are still at school.
This course is being offered through Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) at Edinburgh College. It gives young people the opportunity to study at college and gain a unique qualification and a range of experience in Musical Theatre to gain the knowledge and skills they might need to progress.
NPA Musical Theatre is designed to introduce you to the knowledge, understanding and skills required for progression to further qualifications in order to pursue further study at a higher level in the performing arts industry.
The aim is to help students make an informed choice for future options after school regarding the Performing Arts. The award is also designed to meet the needs of learners who wish to develop a foundation for progression to further study and to provide skills and knowledge appropriate to the theatre industry.
What you will learn
You will develop a range of skills associated with the discipline of Musical Theatre practice:
- Develop a Range of Skills in Voice, Movement and Acting
- Develop Specific Skills for Presentation at an Audition
- Apply Combined Practical Skills in Audition Format
- Develop Self-Presentation Skills
- Work in Rehearsal and Performance Creatively and Innovatively
- Develop Self-Evaluation Skills, Enabling Professional Development
- Develop the Ability to Work Independently and in Groups
How the course is assessed
- Through practical demonstration and theoretical assignments
Number of days per week
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1.30-3.30 pm
- Ideally, you will be studying towards/achieving Higher English and you will require a pass (grade C or above) at National 5 English
- Some previous experience in dance or movement will be beneficial although most important is a passion for musical theatre and an enthusiasm to learn.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
To apply for this course please provide the following within your application.
Please include in your personal statement (500 words)
- Previous experience in Acting, Dance, Singing or any other Performing Arts area
- Any workshops you have been part of
- What performances you have seen
- What do you hope to gain from the course
It is also important to list your previous experience or qualifications on your application form to prevent duplication.
Progression and Articulation Routes
- UAL performing and Production Arts specialising in Dance or Acting,
- HND Musical Theatre,
- HND Dance Artists,
- HND Acting & Performance
All of the above are through audition.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||21/08/23||39 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.