Nail Services, Gel Application and Gel Enhancements NPA
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Evening
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This new and exciting 18-week evening course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently to perform a manicure, nail art; gel polish application and gel enhancements.
The course is suited to individuals who have no beauty industry experience but have a strong desire and interest in beauty aesthetics
On completion of this course, you will be fully qualified to carry out these skills in the Beauty Industry and/or further your studies with our Beauty courses.
This course is SQA Accredited and eligible for ITA funding
- The cost of the course is £550 - this includes the cost of the Kit and must be paid prior to the start of the course
- Some theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
We also ask all students to adhere to the dress code for the department as follows:
- Black Trousers
- Black T-Shirt
- Black Shoes
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios providing a realistic industry environment. This training will give you valuable practical experience and is a stepping stone towards a fulfilling career as a nail technician. You will undertake vital employment experience in our evening salons.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment.
Hair Salons, Beauty Salons and Barbershop | Edinburgh CollegeWhat you will learn
- Basic Manicure - Filing, shaping, buffing, cuticle work and nail polish application on the hands and fingernails
- Nail Art - Range of freehand nail art designs and products
- Gel Nail Application – Application and removal
- Gel Nail Extensions – Tip application and overlay
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open-book assessments and closed-book assessments
Number of days per week
- 1 evening per week for 18 weeks 6:00-8:30 pm – Tuesday
- Plus 6 hours of self-directed study
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and have paid for the course in full
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- There is no formal interview process, however all applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and have paid for the course in full
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- On completion of this course, you will be fully qualified to carry out Nail Services in the industry or progress to further your studies as a Nail Technician or with our Full-Time Beauty, Spa, Complementary Therapies and/or other short courses
- Employment within the Beauty Industry
- Self-employed to carry out Nail Services treatments
- Further your studies with our Full-Time Beauty, Spa, Complementary Therapies and/or other short courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Evening||29/08/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.