NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 10
Study mode Block release
Duration 46 weeks
Course enquiry form
The NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is the leading qualification for those who are already working in health and safety or for those who are taking on extra health and safety responsibilities as part of their job and require an in-depth understanding. The Diploma covers all the main areas on which a skilled safety practitioner would be expected to advise including health and safety legislation, health and safety management systems and risk management strategies and common workplace health and safety issues such as occupational health and plant and equipment. The full syllabus is available on the NEBOSH website.
The online course is run as if in a class room, the lesson is live all students and the tutor are on camera with break-out sessions. It is an interactive course and there are no recordings. Students are provided with a study book to work through, course notes, a time-table for study inclusive of extra reading and tutor assessed assignments. Students are required to carry out private study each week.
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
What you will learn
• Unit DN1: Know – workplace health and safety principles (September – April)
• Unit DN2: Do – controlling workplace health issues (May – December)
• Unit DN3: Do – controlling workplace safety issues (January -August)
The course will follow the NEBOSH syllabus.
How the course is assessed
Online assessments for the following durations DN1-4 weeks DN2 and DN3- 2 weeks each.
• DN1 Assignment (simulations, workplace based activities, reflective tasks and a research project)
• DN2 Case study (simulation only)
• DN3 Case study (simulation only)
Number of days per week
• On-line course 30 days (2-3 days per month) over 2 years
• Start date 30th January 2023 9.30am
- NEBOSH Certificate - NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Telephone interview with tutor.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS score of 7.0 or higherfor more detail please visit. www.ielts.org
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Masters Degree in Occupational Health and Safety at Hull University.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Block release||29/01/24||46 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.