NEBOSH National Diploma Occupational Health & Safety (Aug 20 - July 21)
OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 10
Duration 15 - 16 weeks
£2995 - £4975
(see funding options)
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
The NEBOSH National Diploma is the leading qualification for those who are already working in health and safety and wish to obtain formal recognition or for those who are taking on extra health and safety responsibilities as part of their job. The Diploma covers all the main areas on which a skilled safety practitioner would be expected to advise including law occupational health machinery and management of health and safety.
Block release study includes lectures, practical work, and exercises. All course materials are provided. Students are required to carry out private study each week.
Open learning students are provided with a study book to work through, a time-table for study inclusive of extra reading and tutor assessed assignments. There are compulsory and voluntary workshops, students may also attend college every Tuesday evening to meet their tutor and other students, with opportunities to ask questions and participate in exercises.
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
What you will learn
- Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- Unit B: Hazardous agents in the workplace
- Unit C: Workplace and work equipment
- Unit D: Application of health and safety theory and practice
How the course is assessed
- The final award is dependent on completion of an 8,000-word assignment and 3 examinations (one for each unit)
Number of days per week
- Block Release 23 days (2-3 days per month) over 18 months
- Open Learning 18 months of tutor support, inclusive of 6 compulsory and 9 voluntary ½ day workshops
- NEBOSH Diploma Block (taught) 27th January 2021 9.30am start
- NEBOSH Diploma Enhanced distance learning 5th February 2021 9.30am start. NEBOSH Certificate taught Start 2nd February 2021 9.30am
- You must have passed the NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Telephone interview will be required
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 7.0
Progression and Articulation Routes
- You could progress onto postgraduate study
- The course is designed to give you the expertise needed to undertake a career as a health and safety practitioner
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||20/08/21||16 Weeks||
|Sighthill Campus||Block release||26/08/21||15 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.