NPA Theatre Costume
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course will introduce learners to techniques that are important in the costume design sector. It develops practical, technical and transferable skills and gives the opportunity to build skills and portfolios for progression to next level courses.
What you will learn
- Introduction to cutting, Sewing and Surface Decoration
- Introduction to Garment Pattern Construction
- Introduction to Sewing Machine Skills
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30 - 3.30 pm
- Applicants should have an interest in theatre/costume making
English Proficiency RequirementsILETS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Students could progress onto the the Full-time HND Costume for Stage and Screen through a selection process.
- Further training
- HND to progress into Theatre or Film Costume making or articulate to Bournemouth University for the BA Hons course.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Part time||22/08/23||39 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.