NQ ESOL for Study Level 6
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is designed to improve your English language skills in order to gain entry to university/further study or to register as a doctor or nurse in the UK. The course aims to help you improve by one IELTS band level over an academic year. During this course you will develop your reading, writing, listening, speaking and independent study skills in an academic context. You will complete the SQA Higher ESOL qualification and preparation for the IELTS test as part of your course. Upon completion of this course, you will be fully prepared to sit the IELTS exam.
This course includes taught classes, directed self-study and personal tutorial time. This course is bursary funded so you will not have to pay course fees and may be eligible for other bursary funding. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45). The IELTS exam fee (approximately £135) is not included in the cost of the course.
Please note these courses are for applicants whose first language is not English.
What you will learn
- English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking in an academic and general context
- Academic study and presentation skills
- Preparation for the IELTS exam
- SQA Higher ESOL (study context)
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through SQA Higher assessments
- There is an option to sit your IELTS exam for an added fee
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- You should have a level of English equivalent to IELTS 5.5, SQA National 5 grade B or above or Cambridge First Certificate at grade B or above
- You should have plans to study at university or to register with the General Medical Council
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- A place on the course is dependent on an interview and language level test
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Further study at Edinburgh College or university
You can gain medical registration in the UK if you are a trained medical professional
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.