Course enquiry form
Oracle is one of the world’s largest software companies specialising in services for large organisations such as database management tools and Structured Query Language (SQL). SQL is a database query language that is widely used commercially and is always high on the list of skills in demand from IT employers. This is a world-renowned qualification that will highly enhance your CV.
This flexible course is ideal if you’re looking to develop your understanding of SQL, if you want to progress to further Oracle professional qualifications or if you are wanting to change your career. The course is based on the Oracle Academy programme which includes database design and database programming. It’s run on a distance learning basis using online learning materials provided by Oracle Academy and supplemented by Edinburgh College which ensures you’ll find the course to be accessible and flexible. You will work through the Oracle Academy material at your own pace with guidance and support from an Oracle accredited lecturer. On successful completion of the Oracle Academy programme you will automatically be awarded SQA certification for three credits; one credit at Level 7 and two credits at Level 8.
What you will learn
- SQL Database Design
- SQL Database Programming
How the course is assessed
- The qualification is achieved by passing four exams. Each exam covers several sections of the Oracle material and comprises 50 multiple choice questions. The exam timing is flexible so when you’re ready you simply book an exam appointment and attend in person at one of our e-Assessment centres (Milton Road / Granton / Sighthill).
Number of days per week
This is an open learning course. There will be a cut off where you will have had to have completed the course so be mindful of when you join the course throughout the year in order to give yourself enough time.
We recommend you spend 18-20 weeks completing the course and to dedicate around 2-3 hours per week.
- ICT qualifications at a minimum of SCQF Level 6
- If you do not have the qualifications industry experience would be considered
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This can lead to a career change or a job in the digital sector as a freelance worker
- Use your knowledge of SQL Databases in your current role
- Gain employment or promotion in positions requiring knowledge of SQL Databases
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||31/08/22||40 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.