Painting and Decorating NPA
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
If you are looking to pursue a career in painting, decorating or a related construction occupation then the National Progression Award (NPA) in Painting and Decorating is for you. This award will provide you with the skills you need to enter the construction industry.
You will be encouraged to gain a work placement with an employer within the painting and decorating trade for the duration of this course. These opportunities will be supported by your College lecturers but are not mandatory. Practical work experience with an employer allows you to gain knowledge of the construction industry and will heighten your employability skills.
This course is taught between Edinburgh College classrooms and our workshops where you will gain essential, hands-on and real-life experience of the construction trade.
This course is a steppingstone towards an apprenticeship or employment as a painter or decorator which can lead to further learning of specialised skills or owning your own business. The course is based at Edinburgh College’s Granton campus.
What you will learn
- Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
- Technical Drawing
- Information Technology
- Decorative Painting and Finishes
- Carpentry and Joinery
- The Core Skills of ICT, Numeracy and Communication will be developed and certificated on this course
How the course is assessed
- The course is unit based and will be graded through SQA Assessment Strategy through continuous assessment in both practical skills and theory
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week over 36 weeks
- Passes in National 4 English and Mathematics
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course provides the underpinning knowledge required to continue onto further study of the construction trade
- Seek an apprenticeship within the industry
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.