PDA Health and Social Care Supervision
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Part time
Duration 12 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Health and Social Care Supervision at SCQF Level 7 is a qualification that has been designed to meet the requirements of social service workers who are registered, or in a position to be registered, with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) in a supervisory role. The qualification is suitable for:
- Candidates who are supervising others in social services
- Those who wish to enhance their career prospects in a health and social care supervisory role
- CPD for those currently employed in the sector
What you will learn
- The qualification provides the skills, knowledge and understanding required for those responsible for supervising and providing feedback to others in the health and social care sector.
- You will cover two units throughout the course, one with a focus on the supervision of people and the other with a focus on the supervision of the protection of people in social services related contexts.
- There is no placement element to this course. Candidates will however need to be in a role where they are responsible for supervising and advising others.
How the course is assessed
The course is assessed via two summative written assessments, one for each of the following units -
- Health and Social Care: Supervise People
- Health and Social Care: Supervise the Protection of People
Number of days per week
- One day per week online. The course will be delivered with a combination of online classroom teaching, 1-1 support and self-directed study.
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work at SCQF level 7.
- You will also need to be in a role where you are responsible for supervising and advising others.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC Social Services or SVQ at level 4.
- Suitable for a variety of career progressions in Health and Social Care requiring the supervision of others.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||22/09/22||12 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Part time||22/09/22||12 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.