Course enquiry form
This course is designed for managers/lead practitioners of childhood practice settings who have professional qualifications from areas such as teaching, social work, community education or nursing. It offers 60 credits of management and leadership, benchmarked to the Standards of Childhood Practice (at SCQF 9). The course is designed to meet the requirements of the SSSC for registration purposes.
The course focuses on management and leadership in a childhood practice examining current theory, legislation, policy and guidance.
Students are expected to undertake research into contemporary theories and link this to their practice and setting.
Our next intake will be in October 2021. For more information or to express your interest in the course contact email@example.com
What you will learn
The course focuses on management and leadership in a childhood practice setting including topics such as:
- leading and supporting your staff team
- developing and implementing policies and procedures
- managing resources, identifying development needs
- working in partnership with other professionals
- developments in your own area of practice - options are; early learning, pre-birth to three and playwork
- a research project based on a topic of your choice relevant to the childhood practice sector
- Students will require to be employed in a leadership or management role in the childhood practice sector
- Placement of five days in a different type of setting is required - the aim is to shadow the manager and to observe strategies and techniques
How the course is assessed
- Assessments include written essays, presentations, academic leaflets and group work
Number of days per week
- One session per week - Wednesday morning 10-12 noon
A professional qualification that meets the requirements of a regulatory body. This can include:
- BA (Hons) Social Work (or equivalent)
- Degree/Diploma in Community Education
- A qualification meeting the requirements of the GTCS
- A qualification meeting the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council or the General Medical Council
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Applicants should complete the course application pack
- There will be a short interview for all applicants
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS at 6.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Postgraduate study in a related field
- Registration with the SSSC as a lead practitioner/manager in the daycare of children
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||03/01/22||52 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.