Performing Engineering Operations EMTA SVQ 2
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
EMTA SVQ 2 Performing Engineering Operations will give you the broad practical skills you`ll need in engineering manufacture and maintenance. You`ll take part in a lot of hands-on skills training including machining engineering, electronics, electrical, materials, fitting and much more. The course will prepare you for higher technical or management posts and you will need to be in employment as a Modern Apprentice with local engineering companies.
What you will learn
- The broad practical skills needed in engineering manufacture and maintenance
- Hands-on skills training including machining engineering materials and fitting
How the course is assessed
- Work will be assessed outcome by outcome or competency-based assessments
Number of days per week
- If you`re already an apprentice engineer the entry requirements are set by your employer
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- employer selection
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progression onto an HN Engineering course within the College with a view to progression into HE.
- This course is aligned with the requirements of a Modern Apprenticeship and will assist in gaining relevant employment in this area.
- Higher technical or management posts in engineering maintenance or engineering manufacture
- Employment as a Modern Apprentice with local engineering companies
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.