Photography Level 5 NPA
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
The NPA Level 5 Photography course at our Sighthill Campus is a single semester course starting in January which will help you to understand your DSLR Camera as well as exposure.
Covering and developing your skills in portraiture, landscape and studio photography this course will introduce the manual controls of your camera and give you experience researching, making and presenting your photographs.
This course is SQA certified and will allow you to proceed onto the next level of qualification in photography, such as the Foundation Photography programme.
What you will learn
- Photographing People
- Photographing Places
- Understanding Photography
- Working with Photographs
- An Introduction to Portraiture
- EC Printing Basics
- EC Camera Settings
- EC Designing with Photographs
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through both practical, written and project-based assignments.
Number of days per week
- Four days per week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
- Minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 4.
- Computer access is required & DSLR camera would be advantageous.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- After successfully completing this course students can apply for the Level 6 Foundation Photography Course.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.