Preparation for Careers in Health and Social Care
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
If you are interested in studying a course related to Health and Social Care but don’t currently have the entry requirements for a higher-level course, this is for you. You will have the opportunity to study various subjects and gain qualifications to allow you to progress to the course and area of work you are interested in. You will also learn essential study skills that will prepare you for the next stage of your learning journey.
What you will learn
- Health and Wellbeing
- Core Skills
- Personal Development
- Coping Strategies and Resilience
- Values and Principles in Care and Citizenship
- There are no opportunities for placement however you are encouraged to seek volunteering opportunities
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through essays, presentations and practical activities
Number of days per week
- 2 full days per week, one online and one at the Sighthill campus plus a study day.
- You should be comfortable working at SCQF Level 4 in reading, writing and numeracy
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be offered a place if meeting the appropriate entry requirements.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progression on to relevant courses in Social Care and Health.
- Roles within the Care and Health sectors.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.