Preparation for Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level A2
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 3
Study mode Open learning
Duration 18 weeks
Course enquiry form
The Preparation Course for the Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level A2 is a 15-week online course beginning in early August and February. Each semester is designed to improve your general knowledge of the Spanish language while preparing for the DELE examination taking place in May and November at Level A2. This is an external exam that you will have to sign up for outside of Edinburgh College.
In the DELE Preparation course you will learn the necessary skills to complete the different tasks you will find in the DELE examination. You will learn the four skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking. The DELE diplomas are official qualifications granted by the Instituto Cervantes of Spain certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish. The DELE examinations follow the guidelines and levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) which ensures international recognition of the level of language learning reached.
What you will learn
- Reading: You will learn how to recognise and understand a variety of different texts and practice various exam-focused skills
- Listening: You will learn how to listen and understand in a variety of different situations such as announcements, formal lectures and radio programmes as well as formal and informal discussions and conversations
- Writing: You will learn the practical skills needed to write specific letters and compositions using appropriate language and how to structure a cohesive and coherent piece of writing
- Speaking: You will learn how to give personal and general information to introduce a topic or express and discuss your opinions. You will practice regularly with a native speaker online who will advise you about using grammar and vocabulary to improve pronunciation and develop strategies to successfully achieve the speaking tasks of the examination
How the course is assessed
- This is a preparation course designed to prepare you for the Diploma in Spanish Level A2 exam
- You will have to sign up for this exam externally as it is not part of the Edinburgh College curriculum
Number of days per week
- Open Learning
- There are no formal entry requirements
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Preparing other DELE examination levels or SQA qualifications in Modern Languages
- Further study in languages and related areas employment and/or training
- Language career options or working abroad
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||01/08/22||18 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.