Preparation for Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level B2
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Open learning
Duration 17 - 18 weeks
Start date Multiple available
(see funding options)
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
The Preparation Course for the Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level B2 is an 18-week online course beginning in early August and February each year designed to improve your general knowledge of the Spanish language while preparing for the DELE examination at level B2 taking place in May and November. This is an external exam that you will have to sign up for outside of Edinburgh College.
In the DELE Preparation Course, you will learn the necessary skills to complete the different tasks you will find in the DELE examination you want to achieve covering the four skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking. The Diplomas in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official qualifications granted by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Ministry of Education Culture and Sport of Spain certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish.
The DELE examinations follow the guidelines and levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) which ensures international recognition of the level of language learning reached. Edinburgh College currently offers DELE preparation courses for the following levels of the CEFR, Diploma in Spanish Level A2; Diploma in Spanish Level B2; Diploma in Spanish Level C.
What you will learn
- Reading: You will learn how to recognise and understand a variety of different texts and practice various exam-focused skills
- Listening: You will learn how to listen and understand in a variety of different situations such as announcements, formal lectures and radio programmes as well as formal and informal discussions and conversations
- Writing: You will learn the practical skills needed to write specific letters and compositions using appropriate language and how to structure a cohesive and coherent piece of writing
- Speaking: You will learn how to give personal and general information to introduce a topic or express and discuss your opinions. You will practice regularly with a native speaker online who will advise you about using grammar and vocabulary to improve pronunciation and develop strategies to successfully achieve the speaking tasks of the examination
How the course is assessed
- This is a preparation course designed to prepare you for the Diploma in Spanish Level B2 exam
- You will have to sign up for this exam externally as it is not part of the Edinburgh College curriculum
Number of days per week
- Open Learning
- The course tutor will contact applicants to offer advice on levels and complete enrolment
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Preparing other DELE examination levels or SQA qualifications in Modern Languages
- Further study in languages and related areas employment and/or training.
With further study you gain employment in the following:
- Tourism officer
- International relations
- International business
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||01/08/22||18 Weeks||
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||30/01/23||17 Weeks||
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.