Preparation for Employment Second Steps SCQF 5
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This full-time preparation course focuses on developing your core and employability skills. It is the ideal course if you are a school leaver from either special provision or mainstream schooling and received extra support. You will most likely be progressing from Preparation for Employment First Steps or may be referred from another Edinburgh College course.
What you will learn
SCQF Level 5 Units may include:
- Enterprise and Employability
- Customer Care
- Health and Safety
- Personal and Social Development
You will take part in a work experience placement that reflects your skills and future employment preference.
How the course is assessed
You will be continually assessed through a range of classroom-based and practical assessments
Number of days per week
- 5 days per week including 3 days in College and 2 days in a work experience placement.
- There are no formal entry requirements
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited into to College for a meeting to ensure this course is suitable for your needs.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Edinburgh College courses at a higher level
- Further training
- Move into employment or Modern Apprenticeship
- Entry level employment
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
College Open Days 2022
If you are considering applying for a full-time course please join us for one of our open events.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.