Preparation for Fitness Instructor Course
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This is both a theory and practical-based course, intended to prepare you for entry to the level 6 Fitness Instructor course. It will introduce you to key competencies and concepts and will help you gain an understanding of what is required to become a Fitness Instructor.
What you will learn
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition for Exercise and Fitness
- Developing Leadership within Physical Activities
- Principles of Fitness and Exercise
- Gym Activities
- Although placement experience is not offered within this course, candidates are expected to undertake work placement on the level 6 Fitness Instructor course.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed using a variety of methods such as practical observations and written assessments.
Number of days per week
- 3 National 4 qualifications at grade C or above, with the inclusion of English and preferably a sport/science subject
- Appropriate experience would be helpful, either from placements undertaken at school or other involvement in the industry, but is not essential
- If you do not have the formal requirements but you are a mature student or one who wishes to change careers or retrain following a career break to raise a family, you are welcome to apply
- In these or other cases we would consider work experience, life skills and potential ability
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be required to attend a course information session where you will find out more about the course and if it is an appropriate option for you.
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course is designed for progression onto further study at SCQF level 6 and, on successful completion, you should be able to progress onto the Level 6 Fitness Instructor course.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.