Preparation for Study in Social Science
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Preparation for Study in Social Science is a steppingstone towards further study at Edinburgh College. This course will suit those returning to education as well as school leavers. You will be taught by highly qualified lecturers in a variety of essential subjects such as Sociology, Psychology and History as well as brush up on your communication, numeracy and ICT skills.
This course runs for 18 weeks from August until January. If you enjoy the course you can progress onto a second Social Science course in January.
What you will learn
- Psychology (with a focus on mental health)
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through essays, reports and presentations.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- There are no formal entry requirements but you should feel comfortable working at SCQF Level 4 in reading, writing and numeracy.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview which will give you the opportunity to find out more about the course.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Level 5 Social Science courses taught at Edinburgh College
- Other Level 5 Edinburgh College courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||30/08/21||20 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||30/08/21||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.