Project Search SCQF 4
Campus Outreach - Multiple Sites
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Edinburgh Project SEARCH is a unique partnership between Edinburgh College, The City of Edinburgh Council, NHS Lothian and Virgin Hotels. During this course, you will learn relevant and transferrable skills while working in a business environment. You will take part in three internships where you will learn new skills and improve your confidence while gaining over 600 hours of work practice. You will be supported to do this by a supported employment specialist (The City of Edinburgh Council). In addition to this, a learning and engagement officer will be there to support you and will work closely with the business to provide relevant workroom learning and internships to help you get ready for employment. Edinburgh Project SEARCH offers a study towards an SQA Employability Award that demonstrates your job readiness to employers.
Our goal is that 100% of people on the programme find employment before the end of the course or within a short period of graduation.
What you will learn
You will complete workroom-based activities and tasks to help you get ready for employment and gain skills in:
- Problem Solving
- Certificate of Work Readiness
- SQA Mental Health Award
- You will be based with either the City of Edinburgh Council and Virgin Hotels or NHS Lothian, which are large employers and offers a variety of opportunities.
- Types of internships available previously have included
- domestic assistant
- stores department
How the course is assessed
- The SQA Mental Health Award and Certificate of Work Readiness will be assessed within the workroom and completed during this time. There will be ongoing activities and assignments to help you to be a success during your internship.
Number of days per week
- 5 days per week (9.00 am-4.00 pm, Monday-Friday, during Edinburgh College term-time)
To be eligible for Edinburgh Project SEARCH you must:
- Be between 16 and 29 years old
- Want to secure a full-time job (16+ hours)
- Have a recognised disability
- Be willing to commit to the programme full-time for one year
- Be able to travel alone, or learn how to do this by the time the course starts.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- There will be a selection day where you will take part in group exercises and teamwork activities.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- As well as employment, our young people have also progressed to further study on a Modern Apprenticeship with employers such as The Scottish Government and Amey
- On completion of this course, many young people progress into employment either in the host businesses or working with one of our business partners.
- You will be supported to find employment by the learning and engagement officer and job coaches.
|Outreach - Multiple Sites
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.