Route to Careers in Pharmacy
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is intended to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in the pharmacy sector or in other allied healthcare professions.
Students studying this course will be required to apply for a full PVG.
On completing this course, you may gain employment as a member of the pharmacy support team working alongside pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to deliver pharmaceutical care. Should you wish to continue on the educational pathway you may be able to undertake further pre-registration study to allow you to apply for registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
What you will learn
- Health and Illness
- Nature's Chemistry
- Digital Skills
- First Aid
- Essential Pharmacy Legislation
- All students are required to undertake a work placement. This provides useful practical experience in a pharmacy and will be beneficial to those seeking employment at the end of their studies.
How the course is assessed
- Practical skills assessment
- Research skills
- Formal assessments
Number of days per week
- This will be a Full-time course.
- Ideally, students will have completed Pharmacy Studies: An Introduction 1 and 2 before progressing to this course.
- This is not essential.
- A Numeracy qualification of level 5 or above is essential.
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course is designed to offer students a variety of progression routes. These may include further study or a career in a pharmacy support role.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.