Science for Health Studies Level 4
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Science for Health Studies Level 4 is a full-time course designed to prepare you for further study of Health or Science related courses. If you have limited qualifications and want to develop your numeracy, communication and science skills then this course is your first step towards a career in the health industry or towards applying for a university degree.
You will study units such as Biology, Chemistry and the Human body which will give you the knowledge needed to take the next step in your academic life.
This course is taught at Edinburgh College’s Sighthill campus. Our Science department offers you the opportunity to study in purpose-built laboratories. These will support the development of your general and specialist practical skills whilst enhancing your theoretical understanding of science.
What you will learn
How the course is assessed
- This course is assessed through a variety of methods including essays, reports, SQA national assessments and projects
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
Pass at National 3 Mathematics (or equivalent)
Pass at National 3 English (or equivalent)
- Experience in I.C.T is essential for the successful completion of this course
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for an individual interview where you will be asked to complete a science aptitude test before acceptance onto the course
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Upon successful completion you will be academically prepared and eligible to study on a range of Level 5/6 courses offered at Edinburgh College
- You will be eligible to apply for NC Applied Science
- A career in the health and sciences industry
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||30/08/21||20 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||24/01/22||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.