Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (BIIAB Accredited)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Start date Multiple available
(see funding options)
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This qualification is aimed at anyone in Scotland who needs to apply for a Personal Licence to sell alcohol in Scotland. The qualification covers the syllabus set by the Scottish government and will ensure you understand the law regulation and responsibilities attached to the retail sale of alcohol. Edinburgh College has been recognised as an accredited BIIAB centre to teach SCPLH with experienced staff who are experts in the hospitality industry. This course takes place at our Sighthill Campus with the ease of close by bus and tram routes as well as car parking.
All successful BIIAB SCPLH candidates are invited to activate their complimentary provisional BII membership. This is the first step to becoming a member of the professional body for the licensed hospitality sector and includes bespoke benefits.?
Visit: https://www.bii.org/ for more information
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
What you will learn
- The Roles, Responsibilities and Functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers?
- The application process for a Personal Licence?
- The application process for Premises and Occasional Licences Mandatory and Discretionary Conditions
- Protection of Children from Harm?
- The Content and Purpose of an Operating Schedule and Risk Assessment?
- Drunkenness and Disorderly Behaviour?
- Licensed Hours?
- Control of Order?
- The Responsible Retail Sale of Alcohol?
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Personal Licence Holder and the Penalties Related to Failure to Comply with the Law?
- Unauthorised Licensable Activities?
- Rights of Entry to Licensed Premises?
- The Strengths of Alcoholic Drinks and the Effects of Alcohol on the Human Body
How the course is assessed
- Assessment: 40 Multiple choice questions
Number of days per week
- 1 Day course
- There are no entry requirements for this course
Progression and Articulation Routes
- You can apply for your personal license upon completion of this course
- Bar worker
- Personal Licensee
- Retail or Shop Manager
- Goods Manager Role
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||26/10/21||0 Weeks||
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||30/11/21||0 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.