Social Science with NPA Criminology Level 4
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This course will appeal to a range of learners who are interested in finding out more about the topic of crime and deviant behaviour. You will also gain an understanding of sociology and psychology while developing a range of skills that will be useful for your future studies.
This is an academic course and you need to enjoy reading, writing and researching to succeed. You also need to be interested in all the subjects on the course.
This course runs for 18 weeks from January until June. If you enjoy the course you can progress onto the August start, level 5 Social Science course
What you will learn
The course includes:
- NPA Criminology
as well as units in:
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through, essays, reports and presentations.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Keen interest in Social Science subjects
- National 4 English (or equivalent)
- A strong personal statement in support of your application
- Consideration for those with National 3 English (or equivalent) supplemented by interview
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be given a conditional or unconditional offer based on your application.
- Candidates with National 3 English may be invited for an interview to demonstrate skills required for the course
- An emphasis is placed on applicants personal statements
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NC Social Science SCQF level 5
- National 5 is Social Science subjects
- Social Services
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.