Software Development and Digital Design NPA
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Discover the world of software development as you are introduced to core industry concepts and skills. This course is designed to be used as a progression towards further study of a specialist software development course and entry into the innovative digital design sector. Upon completion, you will gain an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the job market. You will explore practical and hands-on subjects taught in Edinburgh College’s state-of-the-art computer labs.
You will be taught by industry-experienced College lecturers and learn a diverse range of knowledge in; computer programming for apps, web development HTML and CSS, and media production such as graphics and video. Each subject area you cover is tailored towards jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career.
What you will learn
- Web Development
- Software Development
- Games Programming
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some written coursework and multiple-choice tests
Number of days per week
- 2.5 days per week (approximately)
- For school leavers: Six National 5’s at C grade passes or Intermediate 2’s
- For college students: Progression from successful completion of a relevant Edinburgh College course
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview where you will be asked to take part in skills and experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
- You should also bring along your certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HND Digital Design
- HND Web Development
- HND Software Development
- HND Computer Science
- Software developer
- Software engineer
Discover the Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.