Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Open learning
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The Higher Spanish course enables learners with previous knowledge of the language to understand and use Spanish at a level that will enable them to apply knowledge and understanding on regularly encountered topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability.
During the course, learners will consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing, speaking and translation. Grammar aspects will be studied within topical contexts and classroom interaction in the language will be an important aspect of the course.
The course is currently full, but some spaces might become available in August. Please contact Curriculum Manager Caroline Cordier if interested: Caroline.Cordier@edinburghcollege.ac.uk.
What you will learn
- Consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- Translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
How the course is assessed
- Speaking exam (with the lecturer, around March/April) and final written SQA exam (at College, Sighthill campus, usually in May)
Number of days per week
- This course runs for a total of 36 weeks
- Digital Classroom (using Microsoft Teams) on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoon
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
- Spanish Standard Grade 1/Spanish Intermediate 2/National 5 (courses or relevant component units) or other SQA qualifications in Spanish studied at SCQF Level 5
- This course requires the ability to study independently and applicants should identify clearly the reason for studying their chosen subject in their course application.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- An interview may be necessary if you have achieved a qualification equivalent to an SCQF level 5
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Spanish Advanced Higher
- Other SQA qualifications in Spanish or related areas
- Further study, employment and/or training.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.