Course enquiry form
The National 5 Spanish course enables learners with some knowledge of the subject to gain a better understanding of the language. You will be exposed to the language over a length to acquire greater fluency in topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability. During the course you will develop skills in reading, listening, writing and speaking. Grammar aspects will be studied and classroom interaction in the language will be encouraged. This course is challenging and requires the ability to study independently.
What you will learn
- Consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- Translation covers topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs and other cultural aspects of the language
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through the National 5 SQA exam
Number of days per week
- This course runs for a total of 36 weeks
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls,
- Possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
- National 4, Intermediate 1 at A or B, or Standard Grade 3 or 4 in Spanish
- You should identify clearly the reason for studying your chosen subject in your course application
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Higher Spanish taught at Edinburgh College
With further study you gain employment in the following:
- Tourism officer
- International relations
- International Business
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||29/08/22||41 Weeks||
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.