SWAP Access to Physical Science
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The course will develop your knowledge and understanding of subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
SWAP (Scottish Wider Access Programme) courses are designed if you have few or no formal qualifications and have been out of full-time education for at least 3 years (5 years if studied Highers or a Higher National course or similar level).
SWAP Access courses provide you with an alternative route into higher education and are designed to give you intensive academic preparation as well as the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence you need for entry into higher education through recognised progression routes at Colleges or Universities in Scotland.
For more information on SWAP courses please go to Scottish Wider Access
What you will learn
You will cover a range of National 5 and Higher subjects such as
- Information Technology
- As well as undertaking Preparation for Higher Education.
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment (theory and practical based)
Number of days per week
- This Access programme is NOT intended for recent school leavers. You must have been out of full-time education for 3 years or more and have no/few formal qualifications.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Entry by informal interview and a short entry exam
- All candidates are interviewed to ensure that the appropriate course is chosen and that the applicant can cope with the amount of work involved.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 6.0
Progression and Articulation Routes
- A large range of degree courses offered by the universities in East and Central Scotland including:
- Edinburgh University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Queen Margaret University
- University of Dundee
- Abertay University
- University of St Andrews
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- University of Aberdeen
- For Physical Science students this course can lead on to a range of Maths, Engineering, Physics and Physical Science degree options at university
- Successful students have access to over 100 degree programmes including Physics, Civil Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and more
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.