Team Sports NPA (SCP)
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for S4, S5 & S6 pupils who are at school and will introduce students to sports coaching development, officiating and organising sports and sports participation and performance. You will learn to think critically and understand human behaviour from different perspectives in a coaching and participatory context.
What you will learn
- Coaching and Developing Sport
- Sports Officiating and Organising
- Sporting Activity: Participation and Performance
How the course is assessed
The course is assessed on an ongoing basis using various methods, including
- written assessments
- group exercises
- practical tasks
Number of days per week
- Applicants must have either achieved or be working towards National 4 or 5 PE and English in 23/24. Volunteering or assisting with school or after-school team sport activity would be advantageous but not essential.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to a course information event which will include a general presentation on the course and optional course choices to ensure that you have selected the most appropriate route.
- There may also be a practical element to include physical activity, in a fitness context, details of which will be confirmed closer to the date of the information event.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Access to HNC/D Sports Coaching and Development
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Part time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.